We’re In The Community
PCFCU Community Involvement
We contribute time, effort and funds where we think it will do the most good. So far this year, we’ve contributed to the following organizations and or events either financially or with our valued time:
United Way of Lane County
PCFCU Corporate and staff contributions. We challenge ourselves to beat the prior year’s numbers. This keeps our contributions increasing! Throughout the year we contribute to several United Way opportunities. Like the United Way Bookfest. Here’s a quick video Thank YOU from United way
Children’s Miracle Network’s Lunch at Tiffany’s
Another annual event Pacific Cascade co-sponsors with several other credit unions. An event that raises thousands of dollars to boost our local pediatric units. We also donate throughout the year, every year to different CMN opportunities.
Junior Achievement of Lane County Sponsor
PCFCU has sponsored the JA Bowl-a-thon for years. A fundraising event to support teaching financial literacy within the school system. Grade K through 12. Another event that never grows old and does so much good for our community.
Thank You for Making the KOOL Cares for Kids Radio-thon a resounding SUCCESS!
You helped to raise over $60,000 in donations!
Some Oldies but GOODIES. Enjoy!
- United Way – My Little Library sponsor and builder! (in 2015)
- United Way Day of Caring where staff and Board members participate by helping non-profit agencies with yardwork, painting, cleaning, power washing, building play houses, building sandboxes, you name it, we’ve probably done it! (current)
- Eugene/Springfield Habitat for Humanity building (2012 through 2015)
- Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon (RAISING OVER $6000 consistently each year for the last five years) the last two years a PCFCU employee has taken the title of “Event Top Dollar Producer” and that’s no small feat, along with other employees named in the top fundraising category. (currently– sponsoring the Bowlathon, however, taking a respite from staff participating at the event). This event raises over $60,000 that helps put finances back into school curriculum.
- Junior Achievement Corporate Contribution
- Junior Achievement Class Teaching (contributing volunteer instructors for all grade levels (kindergarten through high school)
- Churchill High School baseball outfield sign
- LCC Foundation (Harvest Festival event decorations sponsor)
- Credit Union for Kids (CMN) – Radiothon AND Lunch at Tiffany’s sponsors
- We have participated in the Business Commute Challenge for several years the last SIX as the “Big Dog” Sponsor for the events poker walk-about each May. The last four years as both Eugene AND Springfield walk-about sponsors!
- STEM – produced a solar display. The display illustrates and emphasizes the vasness of our Solar System. Visitors to the display walk from planet to planet viewing current images of each planet’s details and experiencing the relative special spread. 2015)
- Festival of Trees (sponsoring Trees, venues, etc, since the first Festival of Trees came to Eugene)
- Mohawk Firefighters Auction
- Supported by way of sponsorship two community runs that raise funds for charity: Dirty Duck Run and the Ugly Sweater Run. Both fun ways to support our community.
- We support Rotary clubs in both Eugene and Springfield
- Members and participants of both the Eugene Chamber of Commerce and the Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- We support and produce banners for various school events, including Ridgeview Elementary and Springfield High School events.
United Way of Lane County Day of Caring
An annual event in our great community. We’ve constructed buildings (little buildings), painted rooms, power washed and power washed some more, painted stripes in a parking lot, cleaned up landscaping, cleaned up rooms, painted rooms, built a sand box. We’ve come close to having done it all. Will, not quite, but a lot of different projects for many different local agencies, including United Way’s own landscaping. It’s all fun.
We built two outdoor playhouses for the Pearl Buck Children’s Center! (my personal favorite)